Mattias Adolfsson, a Swede Freelance Illustrator, has previously worked in the 3D animation world, until 2007 when he devoted himself to drawing. It seems to have been a winning choice. A prolific author armed with a pencil and a fountain pen, often colorless, sometimes with the support of some watercolor and the constant yellowed paper as background. In his sketchbooks Mattias creates amazing worlds overflowing of minute details, where unlikely characters see their fates intertwined. Most of the times the hyper-detail takes us literally inside the drawing with a “Where’s Waldo?” mood. His inspiration comes from sci-fi, pirates, animals, cities and more and his fantasy seems to be limitless.
- Mattias Adolfsson – Official Website #1
- Mattias Adolfsson – Official Website #2
- Mattias Adolfsson’s Sketchbooks on Issuu
- Mattias Adolfsson on Behance Nerwork
- Mattias Adolfsson on Flickr